Values & Ethos
Our Vision is a statement of intent which encompasses the core purpose, ethos and culture of St Christophers Academy.
We aspire to be a school...
- Where our children are keen to come and have an eagerness to learn.
- Where children can develop their friendships and learn the social skills and independence that will support them as they learn and grow,
- Which provides a nurturing and safe environment and where we understand that the emotional and physical wellbeing of our children is paramount if they are to learn effectively.
- Where we are good at identifying aptitudes and abilities in our children and do our best to develop them
- Where we put an emphasis on creativity, fun and enjoyment to inspire and motivate our children to learn.
- Where we challenge and extend our children's thinking and have the very highest expectations of what they can achieve.
- Where we enable children to develop their thinking skills so they may use them in new learning situations.
- Where we plan and deliver a curriculum that teachers children how to learn not just what to learn.
- Where we prepare children well for the next steps in their education.
- Where we support each other to carry out our roles as effectively as possible.
- Where we have a culture of learning and everyone is keen to develop themselves and develop positive attitudes to learning.
- Which is forward thinking, innovative and open to new ideas.
- Which is well thought of and plays an active part in the local and wider community.
Created by all stakeholders (April 2013 - and revisited each year)